    SubjectRe: [patch, rfc] lt-epoll ( level triggered epoll ) ...
    hi :)

    On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:30:54AM -0800, Davide Libenzi wrote:
    > > in some situations, ET simply has wrong semantics.
    >
    > IMO ET has perfectly nice semantics. The fact that ppl fail to understand
    > it does not make it automatically wrong. If things not understood would
    > have been flagged as wrong, we would be still living in caves.

    if ppl don't understand an API, it usually is flawed.

    but that's not the point here, i just wanted to point out that there are
    situations that are easier to solve with one or the other semantics.
    and there /is/ a need for level-based events.

    --
    CU, / Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen, Germany
    Martin Waitz // [Tali on IRCnet] [tali.home.pages.de] _________

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.022 / U:0.084 seconds]