    SubjectRe: [patch, rfc] lt-epoll ( level triggered epoll ) ...
    On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 12:15:25PM -0800, Davide Libenzi wrote:

    > 2) Existing apps using poll/select can easily be ported usinf LT epoll

    This is a big thing. I created a webserver based on MTasker
    ( that used select, poll or epoll and it was very hard to
    abstract this properly as level and edge semantics differ so wildly.

    Most programs will not abandon 'legacy' interfaces like poll and select and
    will only want to offer epoll in addition. Right now that is hard to do.

    I implemented this by 'relevelling' the edgeness of epoll, which is double

    > 1) We leave epoll as is ( ET )
    > 2) We apply the patch that will make epoll LT
    > 3) We add a parameter to epoll_create() to fix the interface behaviour at
    > creation time ( small change on the current patch )
    > With 2) and 3) there are also man pages to be reviewed to be posted to
    > Andries. Comments ?

    I'd vote for 2.

    -- Open source, database driven DNS Software Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO Consulting