    SubjectSetjmp/Longjmp in the kernel?

    I ported an Object Oriented infrastructure to work with the Linux
    kernel about two years ago. For various reasons, that work was
    dropped for a while. Now, upon picking it back up again, there
    are some new features that were not present in the original port
    that I need to support.

    Among these is a simple exception support system. The core
    of this system is based on the existence of a setjmp/longjmp
    facility. In digging through the source code, I've found a
    few, architechturally specific implementations of such a
    facility, but no generalized, multi-platform support.

    A FAQ I found seems to suggest this deliberate, and that such
    support will not ever be added to Linux. Am I correct in
    my understanding? If so, is an architechturally specific
    implementation (such as was done for ppc) acceptable?

    John S.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.018 / U:19.768 seconds]