    > EIP is at _devfs_unhook+0x2b/0x70

    Look. devfs is sick. Richard has disappeared. Al did some work on it and
    also disappeared. Adam laid it on the ground and drove a truck over it, and
    I had that patch in -mm for two or three weeks and had one single, sole, sad,
    sorry report from a tester.

    I dropped Adam's patch out again because it might have been implicated in
    weird system hangs.

    So what are we to do? It appears that kernel developers do not use devfs,
    and people who _do_ use devfs either did not test Adam's patch, or forgot to
    send in a report.

    I shall reinclude Adam's patch. Will people who use devfs *please* test it,
    and send in a report? Otherwise the whole thing is just going nowhere.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.020 / U:54.208 seconds]