    SubjectRe: Monta Vista software license terms
    On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 andrea.glorioso@binary-only.com wrote:

    > rl> Further, all of the source is available anyhow in various open
    > rl> source projects.
    >
    > I failed to find any source for Montavista XIP implementation, which
    > they claim they have put on their "Consumer Electronics" release.

    Hey, it's one of my many duties to release this XIP code to the community.
    In other words, Monta Vista do actually pay me to give that source away.

    It's just not up to the cleanliness level I expect of community source even
    if customers usually don't care, and I didn't have time to clean it up yet.
    But if you really insist I can give you a raw patch.

    I find it quite saddening that a lot of people only care about making up shit
    while the company in question is devoting a lot of money in salary to hire
    kernel developers full time whose work has always been merged to community
    trees so far.

    Nicolas

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:2.179 / U:0.324 seconds]