    Subject2.5.62 + ide + netboot

    I'm having some problems with booting linux 2.5.62 over network on an
    Alpha system with aboot 0.9.

    The problem is that if the uncompressed kernel is bigger than ~2.6 MB
    the kernel will not boot, but instead falls back to SRM with a message
    stating that "kernel stack invalid". Does this mean that the stack
    was overwritten with kernel code?

    Now, the only way I can make the kernel small enough to boot is by
    leaving out IDE support. This would be fine if weren't for the fact
    that IDE can't be built as modules. I don't have the exact errors
    here, but I can send them on request.

    What needs to be changed to make more room for the kernel image? Is
    it aboot that defines this, or is it somewhere in the kernel sources?

    Is anyone fixing IDE as modules? This is broken in 2.4 kernels too.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@users.sf.net