    SubjectRe: 2.5.62-mjb3 (scalability / NUMA patchset)
    On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 15:05, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

    > >> OK, I'll back out that patch for now, but it seems to indicate underlying
    > >> crud. What parameter did you set for NMI watchdog?
    > >
    > > I set it to 1. In Documentation/nmi_watchdog.txt this looked like the
    > > only option. Now that I look at apic.h, I see that I could set it to 2
    > > also. If you like I can try this also.
    > 2 is what we used sucessfully last time, but I can't remember the
    > difference off the top of my head ... if you could try that, would be most
    > useful.

    Still no luck getting a stack trace. With nmi_watchdog=2, I get these
    kind of messages on occasion:

    Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 35 on CPU 11.
    Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
    Do you have a strange power saving mode enabled?

    But when the system finally froze, there was nothing.

    Mark Haverkamp <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.029 / U:2.632 seconds]