SubjectRe: 2.5.62-mjb3 (scalability / NUMA patchset)
On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 15:05, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

> >> OK, I'll back out that patch for now, but it seems to indicate underlying
> >> crud. What parameter did you set for NMI watchdog?
> >
> > I set it to 1. In Documentation/nmi_watchdog.txt this looked like the
> > only option. Now that I look at apic.h, I see that I could set it to 2
> > also. If you like I can try this also.
>
> 2 is what we used sucessfully last time, but I can't remember the
> difference off the top of my head ... if you could try that, would be most
> useful.

Still no luck getting a stack trace. With nmi_watchdog=2, I get these
kind of messages on occasion:

Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 35 on CPU 11.
Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
Do you have a strange power saving mode enabled?

But when the system finally froze, there was nothing.

Mark.

--

Mark Haverkamp <markh@osdl.org>