    SubjectRe: zImage now holds vmlinux, and config in sections. (fwd)
    On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 01:50:10PM +0100, Remco Post wrote:
    > Hmm, and how would you implement that on a system (ppc/prep) that could very
    > easily netboot a kernel... no /boot needed? I for one build kernels on one
    > box that is more or less production and netboot another just to see it fail
    > horribly... having all stuff in one file could help....

    So you want to transfer the complete zImage, including the redundant
    configuration and to the target over the network, only to
    have it thrown away?

    Guess what? I netboot ARM boxes as well. I cope. It's easy. You
    change /boot/ to be $TARGET (eg, /var/boot/kernels/), which is where
    you put your netboot kernel image today.

    If you have more than one kernel build, then put it in

    Or, in the case of a NFS root setup, you place all the files in the
    boot directory of the NFS root image for the target system. This way,
    the target gets the correct, again with no extra hastles.

    I do all of the above (minus the .config.) It works. Nice. Simple.
    No hastle.

    Russell King ( The developer of ARM Linux

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.019 / U:37.404 seconds]