SubjectRe: [patch] Make diskstats per-cpu using kmalloc_percpu
    This version makes the disk stats on struct gendisk per-cpu.
I am working on making the per partition stats per-cpu too (struct

In general I'm in favor of this. It seems intuitive to me that counters
of this type should be per-cpu. But the question is, do we actually
see any gains? At the very least, are we sure we've not introduced any
degradation? Has any of your testing so far been measuring performance or
just checking for correctness?