SubjectRe: AGP backport from 2.5 to 2.4.21-pre4
The "other kernels" I am talking about are 2.4.19 and 2.4.20 with the
old agpgart. As I said, the new agpgart module now loads but the results
are the same. I yet have to try some other tricks like setting the AGP
rate manually.

I am also using the latest nvidia modules, which are 1.0-4191

- Sheng Long Gradilla

Toplica Tanasković wrote:
> Dana nedelja 23. februar 2003. 17:02 napisali ste:
>
>>I tested on an Asus A7V8X motherboard (KT400) with a GeForce4 Ti 4200
>>AGP8X. The module loads correctly, at last! It sets the apperture size
>>correctly and all, but when I start XFree, I get do not get any
>>graphical screen, but text mode garbage. Characters of all colors, with
>>no sense at all. I had exactly the same problem in other kernels.
>>

> What kernels? Are you using old agpgart or new one with other kernels?
>

>>I played a bit with the NvAGP option on XF86Config file. According to
>>the documentation, 0 is PCI mode, 1 is NvAGP or fallback to PCI if
>>failed, 2 is AGPGART mode or fallback to PCI if failed, 3 is autodetect.
>>If I set it to 2, 3 or comment it, I got the same problem with the
>>garbage and had to reset the PC. Setting it to 0 would make it run in
>>PCI mode, and it always works. I tried setting it to 1, thinking that
>>maybe the documentation is wrong. X started successfully, but the card
>>was in PCI mode. I read the logs to confirm it, and indeed, the NvAGP
>>module fails to identify the AGP chipset and falls back to PCI.
>>
>>I tried setting NvAGP to 2 again, to read the logs and see if there is
>>something I could find out, but unfortunately the log had nothing but
>>garbage. I tried several times with no success. The log is always garbage.
>>

> Try fetching latest nVidia drivers.
>
> I'll try to isolate problem, and send patch if neccessery.
>

>>- Sheng Long Gradilla

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.053 / U:0.056 seconds]