SubjectRe: [2.5] initrd/mkinitrd still not working
Date
In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.1030202102324.22592A-100000@gatekeeper.tmr.com> you w
rite:
> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Rusty Russell wrote:
> > Ah, sorry for the confusion.
>
> So does this mean you are washing your hands of Redhat users, or that you
> will convert the Debian package to tar or other portable format useful to
> all users including non-debian?

No, but I'm pretty sure it means that we don't want either mkinitrd
included in module-init-tools. I have no idea whether the two are
even compatible.

I certainly don't have the expertise to maintain either one: they both
seem to have happy, active maintainers who *do* know what they are
doing.

FYI, .deb files have the nice feature that they can be extracted using
standard tools: "file foo.deb" should tell it is a standard ar
archive.

Hope that helps,
Rusty.