    SubjectRe: 2.4.21-pre4: tg3 driver problems with shared interrupts
    On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 11:49:12 -0500
    Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com> wrote:

    > Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
    > > I found out within minutes that this setup does not survive if you let the
    > > Broadcom cards share interrupts with anything else. It works ok now like
    > > this (eth2 is tg3):
    >
    > [...]
    > > But horribly failed in such a setup:
    >
    > [...]
    > > I cannot even produce a "cat /proc/interrupts" for this because I am not
    > > fast enough at login (the network at eth2 is heavy loaded). I sometimes
    > > read about problems here with tg3-drivers, and I just wanted to point you
    > > to the shared case, maybe it has to do with this special case rather than
    > > with the drivers internals itself.
    > > (PS: its not the ide2-3, I checked that out)
    >

    > hmmm. I've attached the latest tg3, version 1.4, which I just sent off
    > to Marcelo. It includes some fixes that may affect your 5701.
    >
    > Can you try two things?
    >
    > 1) 2.4.21-pre4 + tg3 v1.4

    Ok. With the latest version you sent I got it compiled and working. As far as I
    can tell from short tests it looks good (eth2 is tg3):

    CPU0
    0: 79344 XT-PIC timer
    1: 2428 XT-PIC keyboard
    2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
    5: 0 XT-PIC EMU10K1
    7: 81 XT-PIC HiSax
    9: 387286 XT-PIC aic7xxx, aic7xxx, eth0, eth1, eth2
    11: 75780 XT-PIC ide2, ide3
    12: 17740 XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
    15: 2 XT-PIC ide1
    NMI: 0
    LOC: 0
    ERR: 0
    MIS: 0

    To make sure I will let it stress-test overnight and send you the results in
    about 15 hours from now on. If everything does fine I will redo with ide2,ide3
    on same interrupt, too. Just to see what happens with these Promise things...

    --
    Thanks a lot, I'll be back,
    Stephan