    SubjectRe: [ACPI] Re: Fixes to suspend-to-RAM
    On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 22:41, Patrick Mochel wrote:

    > I propose that we don't even call SUSPEND_DISABLE. Based on recent
    > conversations, it appears that we can and should do the entire device
    > suspend sequence in two passes - SUSPEND_SAVE_STATE with interrupts
    > enabled, and SUSPEND_POWER_DOWN with interrupts disabled.

    Right... though I still care about my early pet SUSPEND_NOTIFY for
    the few things that need to care about allocations issues (that is
    that need to know they can no longer rely on GFP_KERNEL & friends
    not blocking until wakeup).

    Regarding failure, what I did with success on pmac (I had occasional
    failure to suspend from the OHCI controller or video drivers during
    tests, though those seem to be quite rare in real life) is to call
    back the wakeup calls for devices that got the matching suspend

    I beleive it's as safe to just call all wakeup calls in order
    instead though, and it makes things simpler (as the individual
    drivers should really know in what state they really are).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.019 / U:14.828 seconds]