SubjectRe: openbkweb-0.0
> > Err, tell the whole story Jamie.
>
> As you insist :)

Much as you said, I'm paying you a compliment. I'm sufficiently impressed
with your ability that I don't see it as wise to help you to compete with us.

It may be that I'm just way too worried about all this stuff. That is
probably the case. Running a company, making sure that my people get
paid, making sure we take care of our customers, all of that has made me
extremely conservative and paranoid when it comes to business.

What you guys should get is that I am you. Just a normal guy who somehow
drifted into running a company and is learning by doing. So forgive
me if I get paranoid, this is all new to me and I'm trying hard not
to screw up. The stakes are higher, if I blow it, a bunch of people
don't have jobs and I've allowed my people to live near their families,
I think we have people in 6 states at this point. If I screw up,
they are not going to get the same sort of job where they are living.
I have nice people working for me, I've met their wives, their kids,
they are great people. I screw up, they have a worse life. That's not
your problem, but it is mine and it is part of why I'm such a pain in the
ass here. I'm scared that something bad will happen to this company and
those people will suffer. I live in Silicon Valley, if I were to drop
BitMover and go to work for some other company I would triple my salary.
This isn't about me, it's about the people who work for me and I get
pretty pissed off when I see people doing things which could hurt them.
--
---