    Subject2.4.21pre4aa2
    I released a 2.4.21pre4aa2 but I hadn't time to write a changelog or to
    test it yet, so be careful. I'll write the changelog but not today.

    this should fix a race in ll_rw_block that could explain hanging
    machines, I believe this race wasn't new and that it affects mainline
    too, but just made visible by the elevator-lowlatency for a few reasons.

    Jeff, uml is way overcomplex to maintain these days, you must drop the
    non skas mode, there's no value at all in using uml w/o having memory
    protection for the kernel, it's as secure as running msdos, when it
    crashes you don't know if it was a buggy app or a kernel bug. So please
    drop the overdesign and also please make patches that can compile on all
    architectures, I had to put horrible #ifdefs around the do_mmap_pgoff
    breakages to avoid breaking everything. I'd appreciate if you could look
    at the incremental patches that I'm maintaining to make it compile so
    you see things like cpu() breakages etc.. If you could also verify that
    it works that would be great thanks, it linked but I can't say it works.

    Andrea

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.042 / U:120.856 seconds]