SubjectOrdering in FAT filesystem
Hi,

I'm working on linux FAT filesystem. I'm trying to find the order in which the FAT blocks and the data blocks are written into the disk.

At the level of device driver, I'm seeing that the FAT blocks are written always before the corresponding data blocks. Is this just a coincidence or is the ordering between FAT and data blocks enforced ?

The workload I ran creates a 10MB file by writing progressively 1 MB chunks at random intervals and then truncates the file.

Help appreciated.

Vijayan