    SubjectRe: heavy handed exit() in latest BK

    On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Ingo Molnar wrote:

    > > Interesting. Especially as the last thing exit_notify() does (just a few
    > > lines above the schedule()) is to do
    > >
    > > tsk->state = TASK_ZOMBIE;
    > >
    > > and that schedule() _really_ really shouldn't return. Regardless of any
    > > signal handler changes.
    >
    > the proper way to avoid such scenarios (besides removing tasks from all
    > waitqueues) is to remove the thread from all the PID-hashes prior setting
    > it to TASK_ZOMBIE.

    Not a good idea.

    We still want to find zombie processes, since they show up in "ps"
    listings etc. And I don't think sending a signal to a zombie process
    should return ESRCH, since it's there.

    Btw, I fixed it by making all wake-up events give a mask of which states
    can be woken up. That's really what SIGCONT wanted anyway (only wake up
    stopped tasks), _and_ it's what default_wake_function() really wanted.

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.019 / U:0.268 seconds]