    SubjectRe: 2.6.test11 bug

    On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Rafal Skoczylas wrote:
    > Anyway, while compiling with frame pointers I got another oops ;/
    > This one is different those we have seen so far:

    Actually, it's very similar to the ones you had earlier - the backtrace is
    different, but it's the same thing again:

    ecx: 5944f160 edx: d944f160

    that's a doubly-linked list, and the two values _should_ be the same, I

    Except one of them has the high bit clear, and when following the bogus
    pointer, you get a page fault.

    I think the second one (the "kernel bug in mmap.c" one) is just a result
    of the first oops one leaving the mm lists in a bad state and map_count
    being off as a result, or something like that.

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.020 / U:40.848 seconds]