SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] Re: [OOPS, usbcore, releaseintf] 2.6.0-test10-mm1
Duncan Sands wrote:
>>It's not at all clear how that could happen. Those pointers are located
>>in static data in the HCD modules. It doesn't seem likely that the
>>pointer was overwritten. The only other possibility I can think of is
>>that the module was already unloaded. But that's not possible since you
>>were holding a reference to a device on that bus.
>

> It occurred on system shutdown - so I guess the module was unloaded.
> Maybe the bus reference counting is borked.

Various folk have reported similar problems on system shutdown
before, and the simple fix has been not to clean up so aggressively.

What puzzled me was that a normal "rmmod" wouldn't give the
same symptoms -- but the same codepaths could oops in certain
system shutdown scenarios.

- Dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.118 / U:1.316 seconds]