    SubjectRe: Catching NForce2 lockup with NMI watchdog
    On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 19:12, Ian Kumlien wrote:
    > Bob wrote:
    > > Using a patch that fixes a number of people's nforce2
    > > lockups while enabling io-apic edge timer, I can now
    > > use nmi_watchdog=2 but not =1
    >
    > Why regurgitate patches that are outdated, Personally i find int
    > outdated after Ross made his patches available and they DO enable
    > nmi_watchdog=1. (I have seen the old patches mentioned more than once,
    > if something better comes along, please move to that instead.)
    >
    > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=107080280512734&w=2
    >
    > Anyways, Is there anyway to detect if the cpu is "disconnected" or, is
    > there anyway to see when the kernel sends it's halts that triggers the
    > disconnect? (or is it automagic?)
    >
    > If there was a way to check, then thats all thats needed, all delays can
    > be removed and the code can be more generalized.
    >
    > (Since doubt that this is apic torment. It's more apic trying to talk to
    > a disconnected cpu... (which both approaches hints at imho))

    Have these patches been submitted for review for inclusion into the main
    kernel?

    I'm still running the old IO-APIC patch (Uptime 3d 20h) and having no
    issues whatsoever.

    Are all of the patches at that address you provide necessary?

    What do the IDE ones claim to fix? I have had no real issue with IDE at
    all.. being able to burn CDs, DVDs, use my ATA133 drive for hdparm,
    greps, compilation, and general use.....

    Craig

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.020 / U:177.352 seconds]