    SubjectRe: udev sysfs docs Re: State of devfs in 2.6?
    Måns Rullgård wrote:

    > Andreas Jellinghaus <> writes:
    >>maybe add this to the faq?
    >>Q: devfs did load drivers when someone tried to open() a non existing
    >>device. will sysfs/hotplug/udev do this?
    >>A: there is no need to.
    > I never like it when the answer is "you don't want to do this". It
    > makes me think of a certain Redmond based company.
    >>hotplug/sysfs/udev will create devices for all hardware supported by
    >>the kernel and the available modules. it will do that during boot
    >>up, and whenever new hardware is added. so you can expect all
    >>devices be already present, no need for a devfs like mechanism.
    No... that's MacOS.. it does everything you want it to do... if you
    think otherwise, you're *wrong*, although this isn't as applicable in
    MacOS X...

    PS not meant to offend MacOS users...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.021 / U:1.744 seconds]