SubjectRe: Physical address

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, moi toi wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am a newbie in the development of Linux driver. I
> have some
> difficulties to understand how the memory management
> works.
>
> I am working on a Pentium IV ( 512M of RAM), with the
> Red Hat 9.0.
> I want to create buffers in the RAM which are
> available for DMA
> transfer, and I want that process can map them.

I recently came across a good article in Linux Journal by Robert Love that
explains how to allocate memory in the kernel and the various options you
have.
The article was called "Allocating Memory in the Kernel" and appeared in
the December 2003 issue. You can also find it online here:

Hope this helps you.

Kind regards,

Jesper Juhl

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:2.493 / U:0.400 seconds]