    SubjectRe: Fixes for nforce2 hard lockup, apic, io-apic, udma133 covered
    On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Ross Dickson wrote:

    > b) I was also disappointed to see I could not have irq0 timer IO-APIC-edge.
    > So I have fixed it too (tested on both my epox and albatron MOBOs).
    > Firstly I found 8254 connected directly to pin 0 not pin 2 of io-apic.
    > I have modified check_timer() in io_apic.c to trial connect pin and test for it
    > after the existing test for connection to io-apic.

    I'm pretty sure this part is bogus. Have you actually verified it either
    by using a hardware probe or at least by investigating documentation you
    really have IRQ 0 routed to the I/O APIC interrupt #0 (INTIN 0)? If no,
    then you can almost surely see interrupts travelling across the pair of
    8259A PICS which are connected to the INTIN 0 input of the first I/O APIC
    in every IA32-based PC system providing an I/O APIC seen so far.

    + e-mail:, PGP key available +

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.018 / U:0.988 seconds]