    SubjectRe: State of devfs in 2.6?
    On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 03:59, Jan Dittmer wrote:

    > Btw. I still haven't figured out, how to use udev properly. I just get
    > the nodes of devices I plugin after boot and of the modules I load after
    > boot. IDE et all aren't showing up. How early do I need to load udev or
    > has my kernel to be all modular for it to work properly?

    Since, I believe, version 006, udev has shipped with an init script
    contributed by rml that will create device nodes for devices present
    at system boot. You should be able to just make sure that that runs
    during your boot sequence and be fine. (I just ran this script on
    my system, and made sure it proper nodes for all my IDE drives and
    the partitions contained thereon.)

    Matt

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:4.258 / U:0.048 seconds]