    SubjectRe: Synaptics PS/2 driver and 2.6.0-test11
    Sorry, I didn't notice this thread till now...

    > But why it does not hurt with kernel 2.4.22? Moreover how ACPI BIOS influences
    > synaptics driver? I do not see any BIOS call there...

    I have this problem reported as bug 1093 at bugme.osdl.org, my laptop is an
    ACER with intel chipset.

    The problem will happen even if you only check the batery status once a day,
    at that time, you can get the lost sync thing in 2.6, but not in 2.2, so the
    problem is not with the gnome applet, in fact I'm seing it under icewm and I
    have been able to reproduce it without any battery applet or anything like
    that, only running the "acpi -V" command each minute in a cron, that
    suffices for getting the errors.

    I believe that this should be solved, in 2.6, as it certainly doesn't happen
    on 2.4, if you want more info look at bug #1093 at bugme.osdl.org or if you
    need more details just ask for them.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards...