    SubjectRe: Catching NForce2 lockup with NMI watchdog - found?
    On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 14:36, Craig Bradney wrote:
    > On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 03:08, Ian Kumlien wrote:
    > > You could always move eth0 to a different slot. Other than that, you can
    > > do manual config for the irq's in the bios, but it shouldn't be
    > > needed...
    >
    > eth0 is the 3com onboard on the a7n8x deluxe...

    I find that so odd... My on board network controller is a realtec phys
    controlled by a nvidia mac. Same goes for audio.

    > Having finally woken up (me not the pc), uptime here is now 12 hours..
    > (without the CPU Disconnect athcool run, just the kernel patch). I did
    > run the athcool program to check the result though:
    >
    > nVIDIA nForce2 (10de 01e0) found
    > 'Halt Disconnect and Stop Grant Disconnect' bit is enabled.

    nVIDIA nForce2 (10de 01e0) found
    'Halt Disconnect and Stop Grant Disconnect' bit is enabled.

    > Perhaps my motherboard and cpu doesnt have a problem with disconnect and
    > just the IRQ issue, perhaps because its only a few weeks old. It would
    > make sense in some ways given that my system has only one of the
    > problems given the uptime I have been able to reach.

    Mine is 2 weeks old or so..

    > My hangs have always been when I have used the PC.. and often completed
    > a task and then a few seconds later it goes.

    Mine always seems to hang after a certain amount of time... When id
    didn't do a grep in the kernel lib.

    Btw, i have UDMA100 disks.. 2 disks on primary and 2 cdroms on
    secondary... I dunno if this could make any difference..

    > Will see in time I guess

    Good luck =)

    --
    Ian Kumlien <pomac () vapor ! com> -- http://pomac.netswarm.net

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.021 / U:90.608 seconds]