SubjectRe: Catching NForce2 lockup with NMI watchdog - found?
Hi,

*maybe* I found the bugger, at least I got APIC more stable (need to
test whether oit is really stable, compiling kernel right now...):

It is a problem with CPU disconnect function. I tried various parameters
in bios and turned cpu disconnect off, and tada, I could do several
subsequent hdparms and machine is running! As CPU disconnect is a ACPI
state, if I am not mistkaen, I think there is something broken in ACPI
right now or in APIC and cpu disconnect triggers the bug.

Maybe now my windows environment is stable, as well. It was much more
stable with cpu disconnect and apic, nevertheless seldomly locked up.

So gals and guys, try disabling cpu disconnect in bios and see whether
aopic now runs stable.

I have an Abit NF7-S Rev2.0 with Bios 2.0.

Prakash

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.085 / U:0.696 seconds]