SubjectRe: Re: [Oops] i386 mm/slab.c (cache_flusharray)

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 pinotj@club-internet.fr wrote:

> 1. Is it still usefull to get all the backtraces of the last xfs oops ?

No, I'm assuming that was due to the slab interaction.

> 2. I will test patch-slab and patch-xfs on test11,
> CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC (only). Test on XFS root and ext3 with "small"
> and "big" kernels.

Sounds good.

> 3. What about patch-bio of Manfred ? I didn't have much time to try it
> yet but seems to stabilize too. Should I use it alone or with the others
> patchs ?

It would be interesting to hear as much as possible about this: if
Manfred's bio patch makes a difference, it's less intrusive than mine, and
as such interesting.

On the other hand, despite the small size of Manfred's patch, it does have
a big impact: since 128 bytes is a "watermark" for the slab debugging, the
patch which appears less intrusive does in fact still cause a big amount
of changes.

Anyway, the more you feel like testing, the better. But use your own
judgements.

Thanks a lot for the effort, btw,

Linus

  Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.043 / U:1.444 seconds]