    SubjectRe: Catching NForce2 lockup with NMI watchdog
    On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 11:11:39AM -0800, Allen Martin wrote:
    > NVIDIA doesn't provide a windows driver to setup APIC interrupts. APIC
    > functionality is exported through the ACPI methods and MP table in the
    > system BIOS which the motherboard vendors supply.
    >
    > Likely the root of the problem has to do with the way the Linux kernel is
    > using the ACPI methods to setup the interrupts which is different from win
    > 9x/2k/XP. I can help track this down, unfortunately so far I've been unable
    > to reproduce the hangs on any of the boards I have.

    Can the people with nforce chips run a command that will show the chipset
    config space like was done back when there were problems with via chipsets
    (before via released the specs on how to set the bits correctly).

    Maybe you'll see some correlation between the boards that are crashing, and
    a few bits that are different for the boards that aren't crashing.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.022 / U:0.984 seconds]