SubjectRe: NForce2 pseudoscience stability testing (2.6.0-test11) - IRQ flood related ?
Jesse Allen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 09:02:08PM +0100, cheuche+lkml@free.fr wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>Along with the lockups already described here, I've noticed an
>>unidentified source of interrupts on IRQ7.

>>I wonder if people experiencing lockup problems also have these
>>noise interrupts,
>

> I just took a look at this, by setting up parport_pc, and yes I get noise.
>
> This was my first sample with a kernel with APIC:
> 7: 29230 IO-APIC-edge parport0

I just did an experminent with a very light kernel, nearly nothing
compiled inside, except apic acpi, preempt and needed stuff plus
scsi+libata and no ide. IRQ 7 was not present and every device had its
own irq. Nevertheless system locked up at second hdparm run...

Prakash

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans