SubjectRe: NForce2 pseudoscience stability testing (2.6.0-test11)

>>Thanks everyone for your continued interest in this, I'll
>>try and test the no-onboard-PATA + UP LAPIC and IOAPIC and
>>add-in-card-PATA with no onboard PATA + + UP LAPIC and IOAPIC
>>when I get a spare moment which is rare.

I don't think that the AMD IDE is the problem. I have compiled it in, as
well, but I am using the onboard SATA. Since this can be considered as
an pci-card (the chip is connected to the pci bridge) I think ölocking
occurs on high traffic on PCI bus. Like now I get over 60mb/s with my
HD. Formerly I got only 25mb/s. BEfore I could do some rounds of hdparm
-t, before it locks. Now it locks immediatly when doing hdparm -t when
APIC is enabled.

SO, I think it is not IDE specific. DOes anybody have gigabit network
card? MAybe that oe should try to push something big through it (without
reading from hd). If that leads to lock up we have a semi proof that it
is due to high traffic on pci-bus.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans