Subjecttask_struct and uid of a task
Hi Rusty,

I hope I am not disturbing you.

I am building the linux kernel to calculate the Load Average of the tasks
in a different manner.

That would be to separate the tasks under respective login user and then
calculate Load Averages. I was successful partly but there is a problem.

ps command gives a good idea about my effort.

Though I was able to introduce new code, now I find that as far as a child
processors are concerned uid is not the original user id (say 500, 501 etc)
of that child processor. This is because the child inherits the user id of
the Parent.

As a result of that my separation of tasks under differant users is not
accurate.

Previously I thought that the uid in the struct task_struct
is going to be original user id. Now I find it is not the case always as
child inherits parent uid

Then I used p->uid. which is not true.

Do you know any global structure that keeps the original user id (say 500,
501 etc)?

Or I may have to introduce another variable in this regard.

Thanks
Sena Seneviratene
Computer Engineering Lab
Sydney University

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.263 / U:0.004 seconds]