    SubjectRe: The survival of ide-scsi in 2.6.x
    On 2003.12.30 13:44, James Bottomley wrote:
    > If people will have me, I am prepared to take on that responsibility.
    > I am just concerned that I may not have enough of a variety of devices
    > to be able to thoroughly test it (unless the DI-30 is the only one :-)).
    > What do people see as the requirements to be able to maintain ide-scsi?
    > Well...there's currently not a long line of people wanting to do this,
    > so feel free to send in patches (at least cc'd to linux-scsi so I can
    > pick them up easily), and we'll see how it goes.

    OK. You did see the patch that came with the original, right? I just sent
    it to linux-kernel because the audience there is broader.

    Linus wants Jens to look at it, so I'm waiting for his response.

    > In the long term, I think libata will end up assuming much of the role
    > that ide-scsi does now, but since it doesn't interface to a lot of
    > existing motherboard chipsets, we're going to need ide-scsi around for a
    > while at least.

    Exactly. Thanks, Willem Riede.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.021 / U:11.584 seconds]