    SubjectRe: The survival of ide-scsi in 2.6.x
        If people will have me, I am prepared to take on that responsibility.
    I am just concerned that I may not have enough of a variety of devices
    to be able to thoroughly test it (unless the DI-30 is the only one :-)).
    What do people see as the requirements to be able to maintain ide-scsi?

    Well...there's currently not a long line of people wanting to do this,
    so feel free to send in patches (at least cc'd to linux-scsi so I can
    pick them up easily), and we'll see how it goes.

    In the long term, I think libata will end up assuming much of the role
    that ide-scsi does now, but since it doesn't interface to a lot of
    existing motherboard chipsets, we're going to need ide-scsi around for a
    while at least.

    James

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.019 / U:118.288 seconds]