    SubjectRe: HT apparently not detected properly on 2.4.23
    Mike Fedyk wrote:

    > Depending on the logical addressing of your processors, CONFIG_NR_CPUS=8 may
    > work in this case too.
    >
    > Some processors/motherboards logically address the CPUs other that 0-3 if
    > there are 4 processors.
    >
    > Currently CONFIG_NR_CPUS needs to be big enough to hold the largest logical
    > processor number.

    Thanks. This rings a bell, I seem to remember what I thought to be
    "impossible numbering" on the CPUs such as "CPU7" or somesuch in a
    dmesg.. Will have to look through logs. I'll raise CONFIG_NR_CPUS and
    see what I get. Now, the question is, why do we only interrupt on CPU0
    on this pasrticular box|chipset with a vanilla kernel? ACPI problem? My
    SMP G4 ppc has an option in menuconfig: "distribute interrupts on all
    CPUs by default", the x86 has no such option.

    Ethan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.023 / U:0.388 seconds]