    SubjectRe: is it possible to have a kernel module with a BSD license?!
    [snipping a bit to keep this succint]

    On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 03:51:02PM +0100, Helge Hafting wrote:
    > > About:
    > > This project provides a kernel module which provides 3rd-party
    > > applications with an interface for file access control. It was
    > > originally developed for on-access virus scanning. Other uses include a
    >
    > "On access" seems to be exactly the wrong moment for a virus check -
    > that way you are getting the check delay at the worst moment, when
    > the user actually want to use the file.
    >
    > Consider doing virus checking on write only, viruses spread
    > only at that time.

    So, when I stick my nicely virus infected floppy/cdrom/etc into your
    machine, and your write-only virus scan gets disabled by my module
    patching virus...

    So, when I stick my nicely virus infected floppy/cdrom/etc into your
    machine, and your write-only virus scan gets disabled by the module
    the virus loads...

    --

    Ryan Anderson
    sometimes Pug Majere