    SubjectRe: Can't eject a previously mounted CD?
    > Does everyone who has this problem by chance have it occuring on an
    > atapi cd recorder. As of 2.6.0-mm1 my cd recorder is being labeled read
    > only by the ide-cd driver. Meaning, no matter if i set the readonly
    > flag in hdparm to 0, cdrecord and others will refuse to write to the
    > drive because it's being told it's read only. I do not have fam loaded
    > at the time of this testing. Are there new ide-cd arguments required to
    > use atapi cd writers in native mode?

    I have it happening on both my optical drives. One is a lite-on ATAPI cd-rw, the
    other an ATAPI Pioneer dvd-rw/cd-rw. No fam/gnome running. I do use automount
    with these drives, but I can see that the mounts have been expired, yet I can't
    eject them using the button. Tested last night using both ide-cd and ide-scsi.
    Same result with either access. When they're locked, fuser shows nothing
    attached, as does lsof. I can eject them with the eject command.

    -Walt

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.022 / U:0.516 seconds]