    SubjectRe: 2.6.0 sound output - wierd effects
    On Fri, 2003-12-26 at 18:59, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
    > I'll play with it - should narrow things down. However, fundamentally,
    > it used to work in 2.5.74, and is broken as of test3 ... that strongly
    > implies to me there's a kernel problem. I'd rather fix OSS emulation
    > if possible, and save everybody migrating to 2.6 from this pain ... ;-)

    Please do, while it would be nice if OSS could be dropped altogether
    there are a great many commercial and closed source apps that we all
    need and only currently work with OSS. For example flash player for
    linux and real player, not to mention a myrid of open source apps that
    have yet to move to ALSA support. Right now its virtually impossible to
    live with a kernel with no OSS for people like me who require use of
    these apps on a daily basis.

    -sb

    > M.
    >
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.052 / U:0.532 seconds]