    SubjectRe: 2.6.0-mm1
    On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 04:11:54AM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov <> wrote:
    > I am sending 2 patches - one to remove mouse jitter with Synaptics when
    > it is used through mousedev (PS/2 emulation) - mousedev will use 3 point
    > history and average when calculating deltas, the other one is the fix for
    > the problem you are experiencing. They should apply to 2.6.0-mm1 and to
    > stock 2.6.0 with minimal jitter.
    I have applied both to 2.6.0-mm1. They are just working, no jumping
    mouse pointer when I release the touchpad, and both touchpad+usb mouse
    working on console and under XFree86 as well. OK, I could not really
    understand how they are working, as for me it seems gpm interprets
    /dev/psaux only, and get both pointing device right, still XFree86 which
    reads data replicated by gpm via gpmdata can't handle the USB mouse
    directly. I had to use a separate config, which reads /dev/input/mice as
    well. I think it's because XFree86's synaptics driver skip events from
    the USB mouse. Anyway, thanks for your help and work!

    Merry Christmas!
    BorsodChem Joint-Stock Company Linux Support Center
    Software engineer Developer
    +36-48-511211/12-99 +36-20-4441745

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.021 / U:138.832 seconds]