SubjectRe: 2.6.0-mm1
On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 04:11:54AM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov <dtor_core@ameritech.net> wrote:
> I am sending 2 patches - one to remove mouse jitter with Synaptics when
> it is used through mousedev (PS/2 emulation) - mousedev will use 3 point
> history and average when calculating deltas, the other one is the fix for
> the problem you are experiencing. They should apply to 2.6.0-mm1 and to
> stock 2.6.0 with minimal jitter.
I have applied both to 2.6.0-mm1. They are just working, no jumping
mouse pointer when I release the touchpad, and both touchpad+usb mouse
working on console and under XFree86 as well. OK, I could not really
understand how they are working, as for me it seems gpm interprets
/dev/psaux only, and get both pointing device right, still XFree86 which
reads data replicated by gpm via gpmdata can't handle the USB mouse
directly. I had to use a separate config, which reads /dev/input/mice as
well. I think it's because XFree86's synaptics driver skip events from
the USB mouse. Anyway, thanks for your help and work!

Merry Christmas!
GCS
--
BorsodChem Joint-Stock Company Linux Support Center
Software engineer Developer