    SubjectRe: handling an oddball PS/2 keyboard
    On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 02:49:40AM +0000, David Monro wrote:

    > I have a slightly odd PS/2 keyboard which I'm not quite sure of the best
    > way to handle. Its an NCD N-97, which shipped with some NCD X terminals
    > and also with some Mips workstations IIRC. Most of the keys produce the
    > normal scancodes, and most which don't can be fixed using setkeycodes.
    > However there are 2 keys which can't be made to work, which are F9 and
    > F10. The problem is that these produce raw scancodes 0x60 and 0x61,
    > which means the _release_ codes (setting the top bit) are 0xe0 and 0xe1.

    Interesting. I rearranged my scancode data page a bit and added
    your info - see
    Are your scancodes identical to those reported by Benjamin Carter?

    > So.. could I get a bunch of people to have a look in
    > /proc/bus/input/devices, and see what the 'Version' field for their
    > keyboard is? If it turns out that 0xab85 turns up on normal keyboards
    > then obviously I'll have to abandon the 2nd approach (or find another
    > way to ID it).

    The overwhelming majority of all keyboards give 0xab83, translated to
    0xab41, incorrectly back translated by the 2.6 kernel to 0xab02.

    > What chance would either of these approaches have of getting merged?

    Yours is the second report I see for ID 0xab85.
    I have no information on the details of the other keyboard.
    I suppose Vojtech will have no objections to using this ID
    to skip the tests for e0 and e1 as protocol (escape) scancodes.
    Either everybody is happy, or we learn a bit more about unusual keyboards.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.042 / U:1.920 seconds]