    SubjectRe: Prevailence of PS/2 Active Muxed devices?
    Date
    	Naturally, after spending 45 minutes looking through mouse and keyboard
    sources in 2.4.21 on the laptop, I find it in i8042.c in the 2.6 tree.

    Now to see if something can actually be done with it...

    --jc

    On Tuesday 23 December 2003 13:25 pm, J.C. Wren wrote:
    > I have an application where I'd like to specifically control which PS/2
    > aux device data is sent/received from/to. Particularly, on a laptop that
    > has an integrated touch pad, I'd like to select the external mouse port.
    >
    > This document http://www.synaptics-uk.com/decaf/utilities/ps2-mux.PDF
    > describes what appears to be a rather well thought method for multiple aux
    > devices on a single KBC.
    >
    > Looking through the kernel sources, I see no handling for this. From a
    > big picture perspective, how does Linux handle a system with an integrated
    > mouse pad, and an external PS/2 mouse port? Is this whole Synaptics idea
    > dead, or is support for this planned, or even considered? Does any one
    > have any knowledge the number of KBCs with this muxing?
    >
    > Seeing some of the parties that partcipated in the standards, it would be
    > a touch surprising if it just completely died.
    >
    > --jc
    >
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.023 / U:0.684 seconds]