    SubjectPrevailence of PS/2 Active Muxed devices?
    	I have an application where I'd like to specifically control which PS/2 aux
    device data is sent/received from/to. Particularly, on a laptop that has an
    integrated touch pad, I'd like to select the external mouse port.

    This document
    describes what appears to be a rather well thought method for multiple aux
    devices on a single KBC.

    Looking through the kernel sources, I see no handling for this. From a big
    picture perspective, how does Linux handle a system with an integrated mouse
    pad, and an external PS/2 mouse port? Is this whole Synaptics idea dead, or
    is support for this planned, or even considered? Does any one have any
    knowledge the number of KBCs with this muxing?

    Seeing some of the parties that partcipated in the standards, it would be a
    touch surprising if it just completely died.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.019 / U:1.684 seconds]