SubjectRe: Error mounting root fs on 72:01 using Promise FastTrak TX2000 (PDC20271)
Nicklas Bondesson wrote:
> Nopes, I get the kernel panic before the driver loads or when it does,
> however I'm not seeing any ataraid driver message at all. This is really
> strange I think. The only thing that has changed in my setup are the
> harddrives. I really need to get this working. Do you have any suggestions
> what-so-ever what to do? I really appreciate your help on this.
> /Nicke

Well, since you're using raid1, you should be able to pass a root=/dev/hda1 (or
whatever your / is located) using the same kernel and at least boot using this
kernel. Then maybe you can use dmesg etc.. to see what the driver is actually
doing. From your original post, it looks like you're using Lilo, so you'll need
to boot using the old kernel first and change the lilo entry.