SubjectRe: Fw: 2.6.0-test11 BK: sg and scanner modules not auto-loaded?
Date
In message <20031219181039.GI3017@kroah.com> you write:
> Please just leave it up to the hotplug code to load such drivers as
> these. Also watch out, if you enable CONFIG_USB_DYNAMIC_MINORS then the
> usb scanner driver will NOT start at minor number 48, but will be
> dynamically created.

Thanks Greg, that's what I figured. Although the hotplug subsystem
could create the device nodes and then have kmod load the actual
drivers on open, I'm not convinced it's worth it for dynamic devices.

It's been argued that kmod should place a request with the hotplug
subsystem, rather than call modprobe, but that's a little too radical
for me just yet.

Cheers,
Rusty.