SubjectRe: USB Audio, Alsa & HK SoundSticks
At Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:27:45 +0100,
Ihar 'Philips' Filipau wrote:
> Hi!
> [ better to cc: me, if this is FAQ - then private mail is more
> appropriate. but I do not expect to find much Harman/Kardon fans around
> ;-) ]
> I have little problem.
> Or probably some-one can enlighten me what is going wrong here.
> Short: RH's 2.4.20-20.9 + alsa 0.9.8 + HK SoundSticks + xmms w/alsa
> output pluging will result in hanging of xmms. something hanged in
> kernel space hard enough (probably ksoftirqs or keventd) - so for
> example ps stoped working - but it least it was killable. I was able to
> leave X but reboot hanged somewhere in the middle of shutdown procedure.

try ALSA 1.0.0rc1.
if the usb driver is NOT usb-uhci, try async_unlink=1 option for
snd-usb-audio. because usb-uhci has a bug in the async unlinking, the
async-unlink mode is disabled as default for 2.4 kernels.

Takashi Iwai <> ALSA Developer -