SubjectRe: libata in 2.4.24?
bill davidsen wrote:
> With O_SYNC files there is the possibility of having a don't cache bit
> in the packet to the drive, even with write caching. With fsync I don't
> see any way to do it after the fact for only some of the data in the
> drive cache. That's just an observation.

With fsync, can't you write all the dirty pages with that bit set,
write _again_ all the pages in RAM which are clean but which have
never been written with the don't-cache bit, and read-then-write with
the bit set all the pages which are not in RAM but which were dirtied
and written without the don't cache bit set?

I know, it sounds a bit complicated :)

But would it work?

-- Jamie

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.211 / U:0.272 seconds]