    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4 future
    On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 01:36:51PM -0800, Peter C. Norton wrote:
    > Ian has lots of bugfixes and and feature patches (like direct mounts)
    > going to the autofs mailing list. Autofs4 has always had stability
    > issues in 2.4.x, and its been lacking in features. This makes myself
    > and others run a bastard combination of amd, autofs and editing
    > /etc/fstab to get "automounter" features even close to the solaris
    > automounter. If these can go into 2.4, which will be "stable" and in
    > use in lots of places for the next couple of years it could help by
    > encouraging the distros to get behind autofs4 (hint hint, redhat,
    > hint).

    Well, it looks like you're a bit later for 2.4 with that. Get them
    into 2.6 and if they prove good we can backport the bugfix portions.
    As for Red Hat: I'll bet the next Red Hat product will be based on
    a 2.6 kernel, as is fedora as their public beta testing community
    whizbang version.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.028 / U:82.620 seconds]