SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.0
Andrew Morton wrote:
> Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org> wrote:
>
>>Andrew has written up some caveats and pointers to information about 2.4.x
>> vs 2.6.x changes, and I'll let him post that. Some known issues were not
>> considered to be release-critical and a number of them have pending fixes
>> in the -mm queue. Generally they just didn't have the kind of verification
>> yet where I was willing to take them in order to make sure a fair 2.6.0
>> release.
>

> It's actually rather short because I started late. See below.
>
> There are also the "must-fix" and "should-fix" lists of items which we have
> identified as still on the 2.6 todo list. These are at
>
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/must-fix/must-fix-7.txt and
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/must-fix/should-fix-7.txt

Cheers, thanks, and a public salud, boss ;-)

> - Please report any problems to the appropriate mailing list. If you do
> not know which list to use, send the report to linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
> and it should reach the right person. Some active subsystem mailing lists
> are:
>
> linux1394-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> linux-xfs@oss.sgi.com
> linux-acpi@intel.com
> linux-scsi@vger.kernel.org
> ext2-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> linux-usb-users@lists.sourceforge.net

For networking, I request people mail

netdev@oss.sgi.com

> Alternatively, kernel bug reports may be entered into the kernel bug
> tracking system at http://bugme.osdl.org/

I prefer the organization-agnostic

http://bugzilla.kernel.org/

;-)

FWIW it's more a defense against "osdl.org" domain name changes, than
anything else... kernel.org will be around decades from now, IMO.

> - The ATA RAID drivers (eg the HighPoint RAID driver) have not been ported
> to the new BIO code and are not available under the 2.6 kernel at this
> time.

These will appear as Device Mapper modules, Arjan has posted. I'm
planning on digging my hands into some of that too, now that Promise has
opened their softRAID spec a bit.

from the #3 networking beaver,

Jeff

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans