    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.0
    Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org> wrote:
    >
    >>Andrew has written up some caveats and pointers to information about 2.4.x
    >> vs 2.6.x changes, and I'll let him post that. Some known issues were not
    >> considered to be release-critical and a number of them have pending fixes
    >> in the -mm queue. Generally they just didn't have the kind of verification
    >> yet where I was willing to take them in order to make sure a fair 2.6.0
    >> release.
    >

    > It's actually rather short because I started late. See below.
    >
    > There are also the "must-fix" and "should-fix" lists of items which we have
    > identified as still on the 2.6 todo list. These are at
    >
    > ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/must-fix/must-fix-7.txt and
    > ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/must-fix/should-fix-7.txt

    Cheers, thanks, and a public salud, boss ;-)

    > - Please report any problems to the appropriate mailing list. If you do
    > not know which list to use, send the report to linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
    > and it should reach the right person. Some active subsystem mailing lists
    > are:
    >
    > linux1394-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
    > linux-xfs@oss.sgi.com
    > linux-acpi@intel.com
    > linux-scsi@vger.kernel.org
    > ext2-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
    > linux-usb-users@lists.sourceforge.net

    For networking, I request people mail

    netdev@oss.sgi.com

    > Alternatively, kernel bug reports may be entered into the kernel bug
    > tracking system at http://bugme.osdl.org/

    I prefer the organization-agnostic

    http://bugzilla.kernel.org/

    ;-)

    FWIW it's more a defense against "osdl.org" domain name changes, than
    anything else... kernel.org will be around decades from now, IMO.

    > - The ATA RAID drivers (eg the HighPoint RAID driver) have not been ported
    > to the new BIO code and are not available under the 2.6 kernel at this
    > time.

    These will appear as Device Mapper modules, Arjan has posted. I'm
    planning on digging my hands into some of that too, now that Promise has
    opened their softRAID spec a bit.

    from the #3 networking beaver,

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.032 / U:1.932 seconds]