SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.0
From

> I doubt that people will be critially dependent on NFS4 client
> functionality in 2.6 for a while, and your changes will only
> affect NFS4, so go wild.

> If the change was more intrusive then it would be better to
> maintain+develop it in -mm until we've all happy, then merge it
> across.

Thanks... There are some fairly major changes to the NFS attribute
revalidation that I'm working on right now, and that will be likely to
come in the second category (as they affect NFSv2/v3 and v4). They
promise some definite caching wins, though, so I'll try to push them
into 'mm' as soon as I'm satisfied with their stability...

All the rest of the patches should come in the first category, though
I'll make sure that I label any NFSv2/v3 changes clearly FYI.

Cheers,
Trond

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.133 / U:0.460 seconds]