    SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test9 - poor swap performance on low end machines
    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, William Lee Irwin III wrote:

    > Limited sets of configurations may have left holes in the testing.
    > Upper zones much larger than lower zones basically want the things
    > to be unequal. It probably wants the replacement load spread
    > proportionally in general or some such nonsense.

    Yeah. In some configurations 2.4-rmap takes care of this
    automagically since part of the replacement isn't as
    pressure driven as in 2.4 mainline and 2.6, ie. some of
    the aging is done independantly of allocation pressure.

    Still, inter-zone balancing is HARD to get right. I'm
    currently trying to absorb all of the 2.6 VM balancing
    into my mind (*sound effects of brain turning to slush*)
    to find any possible imbalances.

    Some of the test results I have seen make me very

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.019 / U:17.388 seconds]